Members of BURG receive:
A copy of the annual ‘Retreats’ book
The ‘Journal’ – 3 issues per year
Early information of BURG retreats
£10 discount on BURG retreats
Membership of the Retreat Association (see below for more details)
Discount on Retreat Association Quiet Days (Click here to see dates and venues)
Annual cost of membership:
£32.50 Group or Church
£37.50 Retreat House or College
(Payable by cheque or standing order/direct credit)
Please click on the link below to download the application form
Why not buy membership as a gift for friends or your church?
For more information, contact Janet Boyle (020 8342 9795)
Membership of the Retreat Association
Membership of BURG automatically includes membership of the Retreat Association, an ecumenical organisation which aims to help people find ways of exploring and deepening their journey with God through spirituality and prayer.
On behalf of its members the Retreat Association works in the following areas:
- Offers individual, appropriate and impartial advice to whoever contacts the national office, whatever their background or belief – ranging from experienced practitioners in the field to those at a time of crisis seeking support and advice.
- Enables people to find a spiritual director or mentor in their local area.
- Encourages and supports the ministry of spiritual direction through training conferences, maintaining a list of local spiritual direction courses and developing the first set of National Guidelines in Spiritual Direction in 2016.
- Provides a range of resources (including the Retreats handbook) – a comprehensive website, leaflets and packs to help people discover and deepen their faith journey.
- In partnership with retreat centres, facilitates regional training days to enable members to offer their local community the opportunity to find space for reflection.
- Facilitates a 3-day national conference every 3 years for some 300 members, retreat house wardens, leaders, spiritual directors and other practitioners, to enable an exchange of good practice and expertise.
- Develops partnerships with people working in an environment where the need for reflection and a safe space may be more significant e.g. offering retreats to inner city young people.
- Works imaginatively to make retreats and spiritual direction more accessible to all through its annual Stop in the Name of God weekend.
Membership of BURG helps to support the Retreat Association in all these areas of work.